Friday, June 29, 2012

España

I haven't written in this blog in over a year, and now I'm finding myself going off on another adventure abroad. I received a scholarship to study Spanish in Madrid for the month of July and although it is in the middle of a very busy summer, full of change with everything going on post-graduation, I decided to accept it. Spain has been on my list of places to go ever since I took a class on Spanish history at Moravian College and I never would have expected to be going there now. It's funny how life has little surprises like this.

I leave PA tomorrow, arrive in Madrid on Sunday morning and my classes start Monday morning. This is the first time I've been on a trip like this all on my own. In Ecuador I was always with a friend or the SIT program, but this time I need to do everything on my own. I'll get thrown right into things. When I get off the plane in Madrid I need to figure out the bus system to get to my host family's house and I won't have anyone telling me what to do or translating for me or holding my hand through it all. This will be a grand adventure and I'm looking forward to this challenge and the opportunities and experiences I will gain from it.

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow if I can,
Pursuing it with weary feet
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say."

- The Old Walking Song, Lord of the Rings

No comments:

Post a Comment