Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Title

There is a funny little "coincidence" about the title of my blog. I chose "Through the Wilderness" kind of arbitrarily, but then later found a really cool connection. Earlier I had found a prayer in the book "Common Prayer" by Shane Claiborne, Jonathan Wilson-Hartgrove and Enuma Okoro that was a perfect blessing for leaving places and people for a time.

"May the peace of the Lord Christ go with you : wherever he may send you;
may he guide you through the wilderness : protect you through the storm;
may he bring you home rejoicing : at the wonders he has shown you;
may he bring you home rejoicing : once again into our doors."

Maybe it was my subconscious remembering the particular phrase "through the wilderness"  from that prayer earlier, but I think this was a gift from God.

2 comments:

  1. "May the peace of the Lord Christ go with you: wherever he may send you," like to Ecuador! Te amo, hijita mia!

    ReplyDelete